- Produced at a distillery in Scotland from water and malted barley (to which only whole grains of other cereals may be added)
- Processed at that distillery into a mash. Converted at that distillery to a fermentable substrate only by endogenous enzyme systems.
- Fermented at that distillery only by adding yeast.
- Distilled at an alcoholic strength by volume of less than 94.8% (190 US proof) Wholly matured in an excise warehouse in Scotland in oak casks of a capacity not exceeding 700 liters (185 US gal; 154 imp gal) for at least three years.
- Retaining the color, aroma, and taste of the raw materials used in, and the method of, its production and maturation.
- Containing no added substances, other than water and plain (E150A) caramel coloring. Comprising a minimum alcoholic strength by volume of 40% (80 US proof)
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
The End of Appreciation Night
Now as we were discussing in the previous post about how the Black Dog Scotch Whisky is manufactured today, we have an interesting story about how and why the 4 whisky producing regions are perfectly married in it.
According to Wikipedia as of 23 November 2009, the Scotch Whisky Regulations 2009 (SWR) define and regulate the production, labeling, packaging as well as the advertising of Scotch whisky in the United Kingdom. They replace previous regulations that focused solely on production. International trade agreements have the effect of making some provisions of the SWR apply in various other countries as well as in the UK. The SWR define "Scotch whisky" as whisky that is:
Black Dog’s Scotches follow all the above rules and are made using the Barley that is grown in the Lowlands, water from the Speyside, distilled in the Islands and finally matured in the Highlands. These Scotches are matured in the Highlands for a reason. The weather is fairly constant through the year and it is neither too cold nor too warm. It is just right for the wood to breathe and allow the scotch to soak in the flavor.
Disclaimer: The content featured above is only for people aged above 25 years. Underage drinking is illegal and against the law. Drink sensibly and carefully and please never drive under the influence of alcohol.
Ever wondered what it is to be at the Southern Most tip of the world, the place Known as The White Continent, Antartica, to help you a...
My Ajji was at my house for weekend she prepared this world famous Poliyogre, So Sharing it with you guys,
Black Dog Centenary Scotch is a rich and rare premium blended Scotch whisky loaded with exceptional characters. It is blended to perfection...
I have been trying my favorite Scotch, the Black Dog Triple Gold Reserve with different combinations. Today I am bringing out to you anot...