A few days ago I got a chance to cook a dish without any prior preparation just like the magic Box challenge in Masterchef Australia. Thanks to “Four Seasons Wines live cookout with the Hyatt, Bangalore and Weber Grills”
First let me tell you a few things about Sponsors:
- Four Seasons:- Enjoying a glass of wine is like
holding a story by the stem. Theme, character, composition – critical elements
of a story, all find expression in India’s most awarded range of wines - Four
Seasons. The award-winning range of
wines have been crafted with the technical expertise of Bouvet-Ladubay, France
and perfectly complement different styles of cuisines.The varietal range available in three reds, three whites and a rose, has been
styled to suit the diversity of the Indian palate.
- Weber Grills:- US based, Weber® is the world’s
leading manufacturer of charcoal grills, gas grills and grilling accessories.
Weber is about delicious barbecue food and fun, entertaining times with friends
and family. Weber® organises interactive cookout sessions and grilling demos in
India for anyone who would like to learn more about grilling.
- Hyatt Bangalore MG Road:- It is not only the first Hyatt hotel in Bangalore, it is also the only international hotel brand in the city’s Central Business District at this time. Ensconced in a green oasis in the heart of the city, it is an intimate and lush haven for the business traveller.
Being vegetarian I was asked to prepare the famous “Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini” the recipe was give with all the required ingredients and I found an able partner in Crime in Skanda.
To prepare the spinach and ricotta tortellini we need to prepare the Tortellini. For that we need:-
1. Refined Flour 500 gms
2. Egg Yolks 15 No.
3. Salt 5 gm
4. Spinach 500 gms
5. Ricotta Cheese 100 gms
Next we need to prepare Saffron Cream Sauce
1. Butter 100 gms
2. Refined Flour 100 gms
3. Milk 1 Ltr
4. Saffron 0.5 gms
5. Salt 2 gms
6. Pepper 2 gms
· Mix flour, egg yolk and salt and make smooth dough and keep it aside.
· Boil the washed spinach leaves and finely chop it and mix with ricotta cheese.
· Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
· Roll the sheet and cut the round shape around 2 inches in diameter, place the spinach mixture in center and fold half-moon and then twist to make the tortellini shape.
· Make a roux by cooking equal quantity of flour and butter.
· Heat the milk and incorporate the roux into it, and then strain it.
· Add the saffron to the sauce and keep it aside.
· Heat the sauce and add the blanched tortellini to it.
And Voila the Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini is ready! I had a great time Cooking this dish and fullied my dream of cooking a dish live in front of the chef of the Hyatt hotel!!