Codename: BlueMix is an open-standard, cloud-based platform for building, managing and running apps of all types (web, mobile, big data, new smart devices). Capabilities include Java, mobile backend development, application monitoring, as well as capabilities from ecosystem partners and open source — all through an as-a-service model in the cloud.
IBM will provide services and runtimes into the ecosystem based on our extensive software portfolio. In practical terms, this means that cloud applications built on BlueMix will: Reduce time for application/infrastructure provisioning. Allow for flexible capacity. Help to address any lack of internal tech resources. Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Accelerate exploration of new workloads – social, mobile, big data.
BlueMix is a Cloud environment that provides the following functions: Enables web and mobile applications to be rapidly and incrementally composed from services. Delivers application changes continuously. Supports fit-for-purpose programming models and services. Embeds manageability of services and applications. Provides optimized and elastic workloads. Enable continuous availability.
Further Mr. Karthik Padmanabhan (Lead IBM Ecosystem Development in India) explained that BlueMix Helps Build and Integrate Apps Quickly. IBM’s new BlueMix services are designed to help businesses rapidly transform using Big Data, mobile and social technologies in the cloud.
Some of the new BlueMix services include:
- Cloud Integration services To securely connect
and integrate an organization’s applications and information in the cloud.
Developers can use pre-defined connectors for accelerated integration, or
develop custom APIs as needed to easily and securely tie back into systems of
record behind their firewall.
of Things services Allowing developers to register and connect networked
devices such as microprocessors and embedded machine to machine sensors to the
cloud, easily aggregating and reacting to data and events in real time.
Organizations can build applications which efficiently manage, analyze,
visualize, and interact with the massive quantities of temporal and spatial
data generated by vehicles, wearables, mobile phones, cameras, computers,
sensors and other intelligent devices.
and Analytics services for developers to deliver data-centric mobile,
web-scale applications. With these new services, including geospatial, time
series, predictive scoring, and reporting, developers can easily create
sophisticated applications that provide real-time actionable insight so that
organizations can predict outcomes and make better business decisions. For
example, a developer could create an application that integrates sensor data,
location data, weather data and usage trends from a network of equipment to identify
and avoid emerging maintenance issues. In addition, new data masking, discovery
and audit capabilities help developers create applications with built-in data
privacy and security.
- DevOps services enabling developers, IT departments and business teams with an open, integrated rapid development environment that scales from individual developers to enterprise teams. The DevOps Continuous Integration service will provide end-to-end “build” capabilities to speed changes through the development process, DevOps Mobile Quality Assurance (MQA) will help analyze user sentiment to spot problems before they go viral, and the Monitoring and Analytics service will identify application problems during development - leveraging analytics to help applications achieve availability and performance goals. In addition, DevOps will include a new RapidApp service that requires no coding,using visual tools to expand the scope of web and business applications developers can create.
Enabling the transition:- Part of any open cloud environment deployment includes cloud workloads and capabilities that are available within the cloud. IBM has been working to enable key functionality in the cloud based on early customer engagements as well as input from developers.
After applications are deployed, one can easily scale the applications up or down as the application's usage (load) changes. BlueMix is an open-standard, cloud-based platform for building, managing and running apps of all types of users:-
- Reduce time for application/infrastructure provisioning.
- Allow for flexible capacity. Help to address any lack of internal tech resources.
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Accelerate exploration of new workloads – social, mobile, big data.
- Cloud has evolved from what started as a way to simply maintain your IT and has emerged as a key foundation for transforming governments and enterprises today - it is one of IBM’s 4 key growth initiatives. For the last 6+ years, IBM has been working to develop a portfolio of cloud capabilities.
- Following the SoftLayer and Cloudant acquisition in the last one year, IBM has introduced BlueMix, a platform to help build the next generation of cloud applications and services at the juncture of mobile, social and big data.
BlueMix for Developers:- Is a system that significantly reduces the time needed to create the application, provision it, allow for flexible capacity in terms of storage, but also bandwidth and processing power, and which would handle the back-end infrastructure needs without requiring the developer to spend their valuable time doing so--in other words, allow developers to concentrate on doing what they do best--being creative and developing top quality applications.
BlueMix for businesses, is a system which allows line-of-business users to easily create applications without needing a high level of technical know-how, reduce the total cost of ownership by introducing cost savings inherent in the cloud, and enable businesses to rapidly adjust to their customer and client needs by leveraging the flexibility cloud applications provide--instant updates, new features deployed automatically (high responsiveness from the end-user's perspective). For an application developer, one can focus on developing the application and does not have to waste time managing the infrastructure that is required to host it.
For more information about cloud offerings from IBM, visit.
we are offering best devops online training with job support and high quality training facilities and well expert faculty .ReplyDelete
to Register you free demo please visit ,devops training in hyderabad