As I joined work couple of years ago I had set up a list of things to complete by my 25th years’ birthday! So here is a status update on the things I had set up!
1. Go to a Music Festival. See my favorite bands play live; experience the atmosphere, the Mosh Pit in a large field with a crowd of people all there to enjoy the experience happened at the Metalica Concert.
2. Buy Dinner for Your Parents. Your parents may have been funding your life for years, so now you can experience the joy of repaying their kindness, love, and responsibility, and of developing an adult relationship with them. Taking them out for dinner, and picking up the bill, is one of the ways of doing this.
3. Travel to a place and use not to use phone for a week Happened when I had been to Andaman! Although it was more because of lack of network but a check on the list!
4. Try an Adrenaline Sport:- Went Scuba diving in Andaman
5. Spend the Whole Weekend Partying:- Happened at the NH7 Weekender. Weekend full off Music and headbang!
6. Have a Good Conversation with Someone of a Different Faith or Belief to Your Own Conversations like this helps us realise we’re not so different to other people, regardless of appearances.
7. Vote for change. I did vote for Change this time in Elections!
8. Shave Moustache. As a friend wanted me to shave it I just shaved my moustache for the first ever thing!
9. Go to Bar with no money Happened in Goa when I just walked into a bar had a cocktail and walked out!
10. Let Go of a Friendship. Still regret this but had to leave it!
11. Like Yourself
12. Practice Being Charitable. Paid to a rural welfare NGO Ahambhumika from my first salary.
13. Let the Grudge Go. I had a grudge on a friend I just let him go!
14. Meet a Superstar. Met the biggest Star in India Sharuk Khan.
15. Exercise regularly. Started Walking on a lakebed
16. Learn to Cook Have learnt to cook some dishes and north Indian curries!
17. Learn to “Be”. spending time in a meaningless but delightful way. Learn to just be, rather than always doing.
18. Save for Your Retirement. My mind is saying Bwahahahahah
19. Camp Under the Stars. Did a friends farmhouse! The stars were enjoying with us!
20. Learn to Balance Your Finances. Trying not to spend more on football jerseys.. Sigh Long way to go!
21. Wake up Somewhere Unfamiliar. Spent a night in one of Alleppey’s houseboats’. Slept at Alleppey woke up at kumarakom. It was a bit different experience!
22. Eat Exotic Food. An Italian Buffet. At the one off the posh hotels in Bangalore.
23. Buy a Ridiculously Expensive Item of Clothing. A Original Liverpool FC woolen Gloves!
24. Learn to Say No. Learning to say “no”, is an important skill and one that can dramatically increase the quality of our lives
25. Learn to Be Alone We won’t spend as much time with anyone else! Learning to enjoy our own company and enjoy being alone is invaluable on so many levels.
What is your soul search all about? How do you plan to do it? Do let me know.
This post was in response to the video that eBay posted. You can watch the video here.