- Cloud Integration services To securely connect
and integrate an organization’s applications and information in the cloud.
Developers can use pre-defined connectors for accelerated integration, or
develop custom APIs as needed to easily and securely tie back into systems of
record behind their firewall.
of Things services Allowing developers to register and connect networked
devices such as microprocessors and embedded machine to machine sensors to the
cloud, easily aggregating and reacting to data and events in real time.
Organizations can build applications which efficiently manage, analyze,
visualize, and interact with the massive quantities of temporal and spatial
data generated by vehicles, wearables, mobile phones, cameras, computers,
sensors and other intelligent devices.
and Analytics services for developers to deliver data-centric mobile,
web-scale applications. With these new services, including geospatial, time
series, predictive scoring, and reporting, developers can easily create
sophisticated applications that provide real-time actionable insight so that
organizations can predict outcomes and make better business decisions. For
example, a developer could create an application that integrates sensor data,
location data, weather data and usage trends from a network of equipment to identify
and avoid emerging maintenance issues. In addition, new data masking, discovery
and audit capabilities help developers create applications with built-in data
privacy and security.
- DevOps services enabling developers, IT departments and business teams with an open, integrated rapid development environment that scales from individual developers to enterprise teams. The DevOps Continuous Integration service will provide end-to-end “build” capabilities to speed changes through the development process, DevOps Mobile Quality Assurance (MQA) will help analyze user sentiment to spot problems before they go viral, and the Monitoring and Analytics service will identify application problems during development - leveraging analytics to help applications achieve availability and performance goals. In addition, DevOps will include a new RapidApp service that requires no coding,using visual tools to expand the scope of web and business applications developers can create.
- Reduce time for application/infrastructure provisioning.
- Allow for flexible capacity. Help to address any lack of internal tech resources.
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Accelerate exploration of new workloads – social, mobile, big data.
- Cloud has evolved from what started as a way to simply maintain your IT and has emerged as a key foundation for transforming governments and enterprises today - it is one of IBM’s 4 key growth initiatives. For the last 6+ years, IBM has been working to develop a portfolio of cloud capabilities.
- Following the SoftLayer and Cloudant acquisition in the last one year, IBM has introduced BlueMix, a platform to help build the next generation of cloud applications and services at the juncture of mobile, social and big data.