I was at Gokul Veg last week for a friends Birthday treat! There we tried the Restaurant's special Cashew Nut Masala. I thought why not add Panner to it, so tried it out today! Tastes Good..
1. Paneer cubes - 20 nos
2. Onions - 2 medium size , diced
3. Tomatoes - 2 medium size, diced
4. Green bell pepper - 1 medium size, diced
5. Frozen green peas - 1/4 cup
6. Ginger- Garlic - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
7. Green chillies - 3 nos ,slit
8. Curry leaves - 1 whole sprig
9. Broken Cashews - 3 tbsp, divided 2 + 1
10. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
11. Turmeric pdr - 1/2 tsp
12. Chilli pdr - 1/2 tsp
13. Coriander pdr - 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
14. Sugar -1/2 tsp
15. Salt to taste
- First we need to brown the Paneer cubes.For that spread some butter on the bottom of a pan.Put the Paneer cubes on it and brown 2 sides of Paneer. Remove and keep it aside.
- For gravy Heat some oil in a pan. Add finely chopped ginger garlic, green chillies and curry leaves.Saute for a few secs. Add chopped onions and some salt.Let it caramelize.
- Then add turmeric powder, chilly powder and coriander powder.Saute for a minute. Now add the diced tomatoes.Let it cook for some time.
- Add salt to taste. Transfer the contents into a food processor, add 2 tbsp of cashews and enough water to help grind it smoothly.Keep aside.
- In the same pan heat a tsp of butter.Add cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder. Then add the diced green bell pepper and the remaining broken cashews. Add salt. Saute until the pepper is slightly soft.
- Add the frozen peas, Saute until the peas get warmed up.
- Add the onion tomato gravy. Pour enough water to make the consistency thin.
- Stir in the Paneer cubes.Cover and let it simmer for 5-8 mins.
- Serve warm with rotis.