1. 2 Cups Tamarind
2. 1 Cup Jaggery/Molasses
3. 3tbsp Saarina Pudi/Rasam Powder
4. ½ Cup Groundnut Oil
5. 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
6. 2 Sprigs Curry leaves
|My Kitchen set-up|
1.Wash Tamarind and soak in water for one hour.
2. Squeeze out the pulp into a thick-bottomed pan.
3. Add Salt and Jaggery and cook for until the Jaggery melts stirring constantly.
4. Sieve this mixture and again boil for 15 minutes on low flame stirring continuously.
5. When the mixture starts getting thick, add Sambar Powder, Groundnut Oil, Turmeric Powder and Curry leaves and Groundnuts.
6. Cook this mixture until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
7. Remove from heat and store in dry airtight glass jar.