2. Bengalgram Dal (Chana dal) – 1/2 Cup
3. Blackgram Dal (urad dal) – 2 Tablespoons
4. Coriander seeds – 1 Tablespoon
5. Cumin seeds – 1 Teaspoon
6. coconut – 1/2 cup
7. Curry leaves – 1 Cup packed
8. Red chilli powder (Byadgi) – 2 Tablespoons
9. Asafoetida(soft) – Size of a peanut
10. Tamarind – A little
11. Salt – As per taste
1. Wash and drain the water completely from alsi seeds and place a Bowl with alsi/flax seeds in it. Dry roast immediately, till the seeds splutter.
2. Empty the bowl and dry roast bengalgram (chana dal) in it till you get a pleasant aroma on low/medium flame.
3. Dry roast blackgram (urad dal) on low / medium flame till you get a pleasant aroma
4. Wash and dry roast curry leaves till the leaves are roasted. Ensure that they do not change the colour or get burnt
5. Grate coconut and roast on a low flame stirring continuously till you get a pleasant aroma. Switch off the flame and add chilli powder to it and stir it to mix. Add tamarind to it too.
6.Place a spatula with 1 teaspoon of cooking oil on low flame and fry soft asafoetida in it till crispy.
7. Transfer all roasted items to a bowl including coriander seeds, cumin seeds and salt
8. On cooling, dry-grind it in the mixer. It can be preserved for a month when dry spoons are used.